THE PERFECT BREAKFAST COOK UP….
A breakfast cook up in our house is usually anything we have on hand thrown into the pan. I gave up eggs a couple of years ago and I have to say I very rarely miss them, I find the whole concept of eggs a little creepy to be honest. We now eat a plant based diet Monday – Friday and I think you end up eating a lot more vegetables and whole foods when you’re not relying on meat.
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of chopped spinach
- Handful of sliced red cabbage
- 4 – 6 mushrooms
- 1/2 a block of firm tofu
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Himalayan pink salt
- Sliced bread
- Throw everything into the frying pan over med – high heat.
- Cook whilst tossing for around 10 mins – when your mushrooms are soft, you have browned tofu sides and everything is wilted and your tomatoes are starting to split.
- Toast your bread.
- Top your toasted bread with the veg and tofu mix and grind some salt on top.
Add fresh chilli, tomato relish or anything else that you love on top or spread your toast with avocado or hommus.